Monday, December 29, 2008

Goal-setting

By John Bertosa
I know resolutions have become a little overdone for the New Year but not for me. I am a big goal-setter so I've got New Year's resolutions, Half-Year resolutions (for July 1 through the end of the year) and then the pre-New Year's resolutions (from the end of October on) that get me lined up for next year's New Year's resolutions.

In fact one of last year's resolutions was to be more knowledgeable of what was going on in politics so when Dan approached me with this blog idea I happily said yes and crossed it off my To Do list.

So, here are some of my resolutions I hope to accomplish in the coming new year:
JANUARY: I really need to build up my stomach muscles so I don't vomit too much over the fawning coverage of Obama's inauguration. Perhaps a daily dose of hot pepper juice and raw octopus will get me ready.
FEBRUARY: Convince Dan that he should name his child Sarah Palin Holt.
MARCH: Umm, really no resolutions for March. Such a boring month, the only thing really to do is to hear about Spring Training baseball and look forward to summer.
APRIL: Write letters to all Democratic congressmen on the 15th daring them to raise taxes (y'know just on the rich, or is the phrase now "super rich"?)
MAY: Run Cleveland Marathon
JUNE: Try to walk from couch to kitchen.
JULY: Make out a 24-month to do list in preparation for my 40th birthday.
AUGUST: Try to avoid TV at all costs as one of the traditional hottest months of the year will generate plenty of Global Warming cries from people who weren't able to shout it during this cold winter.
SEPTEMBER: Mark one-year anniversary of Subject to Debate and my attempts to enlighten Patriotic and Open-Minded Liberals.
OCTOBER: For Halloween, buy prison uniform and masks of either Hillary, Richardson or Rahm.
NOVEMBER: I need to hone my personal coping skills. After a year of enforced personal savings due to the recession, people will be ready to start spending again on the holidays and we will hear all about the Great Obama instead of realizing the U.S. economy is a very complicated machine relying on millions of vital factors. Perhaps if I shout out "Serenity Now!" one thousand times that will do the trick.
DECEMBER: Make a list of all my non-Christian acquiantences and the go out and wish each of them a "Happy Friday" on Dec. 25.

See you all next year!

No comments: